UPangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: HW 13 area  (Read 1657 times)

wally28

• View Profile
HW 13 area
« on: July 30, 2018, 11:54:58 AM »

Grand kids will be here from N Dakota and looking for info as to where they might catch some fish, such as around Alger or Delta counties.

Thanks

Fishticuffs

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HW 13 area
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »

Hi,
Just about any lake on hwy. 13 is good fishing. It depends on how big of a boat you have and what you want to fish for. I have a little bass tender and love to hit the hidden, hard to get to lakes. About the only lake I have a problem ever getting any fish is corner lake, but there is only one deep spot right off the launch that is good (that i’ve Found).
If you are talking about going on bay de noc, i’m sure a phone call or pm on the forums here to Chris Wahl at bay view bait & tackle will get you going. A lot of people overlook the bass and pike fishing on LBDN.
Good luck,
Brett

wally28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »

Thanks for w info, boat is 17, side counci

THE BAIT SHOP GUY

• View Profile
    • Bay View Bait and Tackle on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 12:42:33 PM »

I've done well on Fish Lake in the past, (located in the Wide Waters campgrounds.) Lots of bass and panfish.

Otherwise, if you are down here on LBDN, perch and pike have both been fairly cooperative, lately. Been getting some good perch reports from off the Gladstone beach, mostly at the base of the drop off, but also some up shallow in the weeds.

Anywhere you have weeds, you find pike, right now. Again, the top of the breakline off the Gladstone beach is a good spot. Also the big weed bed east of Butler's Island, off the Kipling launch. Cast or troll shallow running crankbaits like Bomber 15A's, or spinnerbaits, will get you bit. Not many big fish this time of year, but good numbers to keep kids busy.

Good luck.
"Last time I saw mouth like that, it had a hook in it!"

"Once upon a time, there was a place called America."