UPangler.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: How come a new UPangler.com?  (Read 489 times)

Al the Infidel

• View Profile
How come a new UPangler.com?
« on: June 28, 2018, 11:00:30 PM »

Title says it all.

Fishticuffs

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How come a new UPangler.com?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 11:44:18 PM »

The guy that was hosting the site before, i did all the website work and he just hosted it. A couple of times a year, the host would go down and they guy would get me a backup copy of the site and get the site up and working again. Anyways, the site went down a month ago and all I got was excuses about why he couldn't get the site up and running again, or the forums to populate with exisiting usernames, etc..
After many, many, many emails, phone calls, facebook messages, etc... i've taken the hint that he is no longer helping us. It would have been nice if he had at least stood up like a man and told me he isn't going to be able to get everything going again.

anyways, i've decided to rebuild it, Upangler.com and Southshorefishing.com. I apologize for this inconvienience, but it's taking me a while to get everything going. The sites should look the same but if anyone would like to see any new features installed, nows the time to bring it up. I have switched everythign over to godaddy.com with daily backups so we should never have this problem again.
What I need everyone to do though is mention to their friends that anyone that was previously registered,needs to re-register, also try to drum up some new members. i believe before the crash we had a few thousand, some of those hadn't logged in in years, but if we could get the word out to drive up membership.

basically, starting from scratch.
Brett

Al the Infidel

• View Profile
Re: How come a new UPangler.com?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 08:21:59 PM »

Thanks, and thank you for taking over Brett.